Variations on a theme: flower bead necklaces, next installment of the Key Elements in Drawing and Painting very soon

Gold and Black:  Flower necklace, Vivien Blackburn

photo taken from above showing the scale of the flowers more accurately

Tommorow I'll have time to paint after a spell with very little time. :>)

I'll also write another installment in the Key Elements in improving your painting and drawing series over the weekend.  Previous posts One, Two and Three  - click on these to recap or read for the first time.

In the meantime I've been learning more bead techniques, brick stitch, ladder stitch and a complex bracelet with picot edging  (some needing much practice if I'm ever going to be any good at them! - they require neatness   8>0 ).   I. Don't (Can 't). Do. Neat.  :>(     The little (scruffy) samples I produced yesterday won't be seen here!  I'll show you when I'm better.

Daisy chain necklace, Vivien Blackburn

But the techniques learned will feed into my more free form, make-it-up-as-you-go-along, natural way of working :>)     The methods learned in doing the necklace above meant I could work out how to add the flowers and flower clusters as I went, creating stamens etc

When I have a few more I'll re-open my Etsy store and put these and some small paintings on.  Watch this space :>)

Spring; green, white and brown.  A different Spring necklace - early spring this time, Glass beads, wooden beads, Lucite and glass leaves and flowers.  Vivien Blackburn

I'm really enjoying doing these - playing with the gorgeous colours available.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge