Flowers after rain - photos in my garden

Oriental Poppy, photograph Vivien Blackburn

We had heavy rain this morning so I thought I'd put the 10x magnifying lens on and get some images of the dripping wet flowers before they dried.


Artichoke - or is it a Cardoon ? I can't remember! but it's flowering this year :>) 3 buds. I can't wait until the flower opens. They are supposed to be the blue ones - I love that sky blue colour. It has taken 3 years for it to finally flower.


another of the Oriental Poppies that have done really well this year :>)

Foxgloves - the bees love these.

and finally the climbing Masquerade rose that flowers and flowers all summer.

It's only little but I love my garden :>)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Remarkable set of photos today. Your garden must be gorgeous, whatever the size.
Janet Pantry said…
What fabulous pictures, Vivien! I particularly like the poppies. There's something about raindrops on flowers.....beautiful! :)
Billie Crain said…
Beautiful photos, Vivien! I'm in envy of those poppies. When mine get wet they look like wet tissue paper.:( Awful....
Your garden is gorgeous--artichokes, I'm jealous!
vivien said…
thanks everyone :>) it also contains a lot of weeds! I'm not a neat gardener - and the lawn is about 8 ins tall - the cats love it but we must get it cut when the rain stops.

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge