sunset Mawgan Porth

Sunset, Low Tide, Mawgan Porth, 5 inches square, watercolour and coloured pencil on Fabriano Artistico, Vivien Blackburn

A small mixed media of one of my favourite beaches.

I remember walking the couple of miles to this beach with friends as a child. I wasn't supposed to! I certainly wasn't allowed this far from home. We walked there, down the steep 1:3 hill , ran about on the beach for a few hours and had a great time - and then set off home ....

..... UP that 1:3 hill. It was hot, we were tired, it seemed a long way (I was maybe 7).

Then my father drove past - slowed down and glared at me - did he give us a lift home and a telling off as we went? no way!

He drove on, leaving us to walk the rest of the way knowing I was in big trouble when I got home!

I'm going to put this little painting on Etsy


Comments

Genie said…
Lovely work
dinahmow said…
Ah! I daresay most of us have similar memories.
I was not supposed to swim in one area of the lake - around the corner from the beach area and dark and deep and dangerous. But the waterlilies were gorgeous! So I swam around to pick some!
Of course, that being the only place to get water lilies I'd sort of shot myself in the foot!
Jeanette Jobson said…
This is a lovely piece Vivien, especially as it has memories and a story attached.

I love the brooding sky and the wet sand. Wonderful.
Beautiful Vivien, and an equally lovely memory!
ronell
vivien said…
Thanks Genie :>)

:>) I used to pick blackberries and my mother never queried where they came from - the only possible place was farmland that I also wasn't allowed on! How lovely to swim with waterlilies though.

Thanks Jeanette and Ronell :>)
Annie said…
Ik hou van je aquarellen or, in English, I love your watercolors.
vivien said…
thanks Annie :>)
kim denise said…
Vivien, how wonderful to see you and your luminous work again! I've missed you. I just don't have time for forums and such anymore, but I've started to find space for blogging again. Looking forward to seeing more of you!

Peace,
Kim
vivien said…
Hi Kim :>)

Luminous is the word to describe your work! I've enjoyed seeing it again recently. Keep in touch :>)

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

paint or sketch trees: challenge