top selling images

This was posted on another forum and I thought it was interesting.

According to Art Business Today, these are the Top 10 best-selling subjects for paintings in the UK:

1. Traditional landscapes.
2. Local views.
3. Modern or semi-abstract landscapes.
4. Abstracts.
5. Dogs.
6. Figure studies (excluding nudes).
7. Seascapes, harbour, and beach scenes.
8. Wildlife.
9. Impressionistic landscapes.
10. Nudes.

I've never 'painted to sell' but always painted for me, naturally working in series and then taking them to galleries. I'm often asked what the top selling subjects are and some of these surprised me - for instance dogs being so high on the list. And where are cats? :) - much more beautiful!

I'm feeling very cheerful - a repair to the car - which had got very noisy, particularly once you wanted to go over 50mph, proved to be a simple repair, no spare parts and time only . Steve, my travelling mechanic, who I trust totally, charged just £46 to fix it, fix the catch on the glove compartment and fill up the screenwash - I'd dreaded a big bill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

paint or sketch trees: challenge

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils