macro flowers

It's early autumn so there aren't too many flowers in the garden - but I was desperate to try out the super macro on my camera, focussing so close that the flowers are virtually touching the lens :)

These are the results


























this one is out of focus because the wind blew the rose hip just as I took the picture, but I rather like it as it is, abstract shapes and colours.




the centres of flowers are the subject of a new series of paintings and, though I don't like working from photographs, I'm sure these will help.

If you want to see more, they are on
http://sitekreator.com/vivien/index.html

The immediacy of digital photography is great, take them and see them onscreen, edit, crop and delete failures within minutes.

Comments

Making A Mark said…
Great photos Viv!

I'm just sitting here turning a very distinct green colour
vivien said…
thanks! that's a fair exchange as I went quite emerald over your recent jaunts to the US!

Popular posts from this blog

The Eye, Urban/Rural exhibition

playing with watercolours and coloured pencils

Hedges silhouetted agains the snow, winter light: watercolour and Derwent tinted charcoal pencils in Stillmand and Birn Beta Hardback sketchbook